Re: ANNOUNCE: mdadm 4.0 - A tool for managing md Soft RAID under Linux

From: Bruce Dubbs
Date: Tue Jan 10 2017 - 12:49:17 EST

Jes Sorensen wrote:
I am pleased to announce the availability of
mdadm version 4.0

It is available at the usual places:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/raid/mdadm/
and via git at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/mdadm/mdadm.git
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/utils/mdadm/

The update in major version number primarily indicates this is a
release by it's new maintainer. In addition it contains a large number
of fixes in particular for IMSM RAID and clustered RAID support. In
addition this release includes support for IMSM 4k sector drives,
failfast and better documentation for journaled RAID.

Thank you for the new release. Unfortunately I get 9 failures running the test suite:

tests/00raid1... FAILED
tests/07autoassemble... FAILED
tests/07changelevels... FAILED
tests/07revert-grow... FAILED
tests/07revert-inplace... FAILED
tests/07testreshape5... FAILED
tests/10ddf-fail-twice... FAILED
tests/20raid5journal... FAILED
tests/10ddf-incremental-wrong-order... FAILED

The procedure I used was

make
sudo ./test --keep-going --logdir=test-logs --save-logs

I'll also note that there is an irritating message when a test fails:
cp: cannot stat '/var/tmp/log': No such file or directory

This can be fixed easily enough with:
sed -i 's# if.* == "1"#& -a -e $targetdir/log#' test

I don't know if this mailing list is the right place to report bugs or not. I do not want to spam the list with the logs but they are available at:

http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/~bdubbs/mdadm-logs/

-- Bruce Dubbs
linuxfromscratch.org