Re: [GIT PULL] trivial for 4.10

From: Joe Perches
Date: Wed Dec 14 2016 - 09:24:15 EST

On Wed, 2016-12-14 at 11:05 +0100, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> Linus,
>
> please pull from
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/trivial.git for-linus
>
> to receive 4.10 merge window updates from trivial tree
>
> I hereby confess to having rebased the for-next branch, because I wanted
> to drop all the '\n' additions that were obsoleted by the recent printk /
> pr_cont changes, and didn't want to pollute the history with unnecessary
> commit+revert for such a triviality; as a consequence, you're getting
> different commit hashes for the 5 commits compared to what's in
> linux-next; I believe it's fine for such a insignificant tree / commits.

I'd rather have the dozen or so single-line newline additions
than the multiple hundreds to thousands of changes that are
still going to be required to get KERN_CONT to work properly
kernel-wide.

Many arch specific printks still have to be fixed for this
new KERN_CONT style. sparc, powerpc, arm, arm64, and others.

Multiple dozens to hundreds of drivers too.