Regarding "scsi_lib: Decode T10 vendor IDs" d230823a1c4c3e97afd4c934b86b3975d5e20249

From: Sylvain Munaut
Date: Thu Nov 24 2016 - 10:49:13 EST

Hi,

Regarding this commit :

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=d230823a1c4c3e97afd4c934b86b3975d5e20249

Looking at both the code and the comment, it seems to me you wanted
'T10' id to be a last resort if nothing else was available.

If that was the intent, it's not working ...

I have a Samsung 850 Pro SSD that has the NAA identifier after the T10
one in the vpd_pg83 and so it's returning the T10 now because it's
longer.

Did I misunderstand the intent ? Or is it a bug ? (for the latter, I
can write a patch myself, I just didn't want to loose my time if I
misunderstood).

Cheers,

Sylvain Munaut