Re: Including images on Sphinx documents

From: Jonathan Corbet
Date: Sun Nov 13 2016 - 16:01:00 EST

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 09:46:48 -0200
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When running LaTeX in interactive mode, building just the media
> PDF file with:
>
> $ cls;make cleandocs; make SPHINXOPTS="-j5" DOCBOOKS="" SPHINXDIRS=media latexdocs
> $ PDFLATEX=xelatex LATEXOPTS="-interaction=interactive" -C Documentation/output/media/latex
>
> I get this:
>
> LaTeX Warning: Hyper reference `uapi/v4l/subdev-formats:bayer-patterns' on page
> 153 undefined on input line 21373.
>
> <use "bayer.png" > [153]
> ! Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr.
> <template> \endtemplate
>
> l.21429 \unskip}\relax \unskip}
> \relax \\
> ?
>
> This patch fixes the issue:
> https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/commit/?h=dirty-pdf&id=b709de415f34d77cc121cad95bece9c7ef4d12fd
>
> That means that Sphinx is not generating the right LaTeX output even for
> (some?) PNG images.

So I'm seriously confused.

I can get that particular message - TeX is complaining about too many
columns in the table. But applying your patch (with a suitable bayer.pdf
provided) does not fix the problem. Indeed, I can remove the figure with
the image entirely and still not fix the problem. Are you sure that the
patch linked here actually fixed it for you?

jon