Re: [BUG][REGRESSION] mangled display since -rc1

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Sun Nov 06 2016 - 06:22:02 EST

On 01.11.2016 12:47, Jani Nikula wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Nov 2016, Martin Kepplinger <martink@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'll come up with a nouveau system example and it was quite easy to bisect. To quote the merge commit msg:
>> This also required some changes outside of the IOMMU code, but these are acked by the respective maintainers.
>> Any help on bisecting into it would be awesome.
> So the information here is pretty scarce. Please file a bug at [1],
> describe the problem, perhaps add drm.debug=14 module parameter and
> attach dmesg from boot to reproducing the problem.

Martin, did you do that and can point me to the bug? And if not: Any
news on the issue?

FWIW: I added this report to the list of regressions for Linux 4.9. I'll
watch this thread for further updates on this issue to document progress
in my weekly reports. Please let me know via regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
in case the discussion moves to a different place (bugzilla or another
mail thread for example).

tia! Ciao, Thorsten