Re: printk considered harmful (was: [TECH TOPIC] asynchronous printk)

From: Sergey Senozhatsky
Date: Thu Nov 03 2016 - 14:04:21 EST

fix a typo

On (11/04/16 02:31), Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:
[..]
> #4 console semaphore
> discussion outcome:
> we agreed that we can do better here and that it makes sense to do
^^^^ IOW, console semaphore thing
can be improved

> what's been proposed in my slides. but, I keep it as a low priority.
> frankly. I'd be happy to see #1-#3 in the mainline in 9-12 months.
^^^^ #1-#2, of course. but #1 consists
of 2 steps.

I'm still not entirely sure if I want to split async pintk and printk
deadlock rework. these things want to come together, for a number of
reasons. or, at least, push the async printk before printk deadlock
rework.

-ss