Re: [RFC 12/14] regmap: SoundWire: Add regmap support for SoundWire bus

From: Hardik Shah
Date: Wed Nov 02 2016 - 04:09:45 EST

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 07:03:55PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 06:11:10PM +0530, Hardik Shah wrote:
>
> > +static inline void get_t_size(size_t *t_val_size, size_t *t_size,
> > + int *reg_addr,
> > + int *offset,
> > + size_t *val_size)
> > +{
> > +
> > + *t_val_size += *t_size;
> > + *offset += *t_size;
>
> So, I started by taking a look at this patch to get a sense of what the
> API would look like and I see that we're not following CodingStyle with
> everything indented twice :(

Sorry Mark for delayed response, there was festival holidays in India, so I
was not able to reply.

Regarding two tabs, it got missed for this function somehow, I will fix it
in next patchset.

> > +static int regmap_sdw_gather_write(void *context,
> > + const void *reg, size_t reg_size,
> > + const void *val, size_t val_size)
> > +{
>
> > + if (!sdw)
> > + return 0;
>
> Silently ignoring errors :(

This should never happen ideally. This was extra check to make sure there is
not kernel crash. I can remove it as well.

> > + if (val_size > SDW_MAX_REG_ADDR)
> > + t_size = SDW_MAX_REG_ADDR - reg_command;
> > + else
> > + t_size = val_size;
>
> This needs at least some kind of comment?

I will add few comments here.