Re: Unable to boot linux-next build

From: Alban Browaeys
Date: Wed Oct 19 2016 - 11:15:13 EST

Le dimanche 11 septembre 2016 Ã 20:00 +0200, Quentin Lambert a ÃcritÂ:

> On 09/09/2016 10:31, Quentin Lambert wrote:
> > Â I have been trying to build and boot the last version available
> > on linux-next.
> > Â During the build I am being prompted with "has no CRC!" warnings
> > for a bunch
> > Â of modules.

There is a thread about this issue, with patches on the listÂ(lkml)
titled "[GIT PULL] kbuild changes for v4.9-rc1" starting on Mon, 17 Oct
2016, with initial author "Michal Marek".

To sum up, you could disable CONFIG_MODVERSIONS in your config or
downgrade binutils to <= 2.26 or revertÂ784d5699eddc ("x86: move
exports to actual definitions")Â or apply the two patches from the
above thread if on x86:

- first one : from Nicholas Piggin for all archs:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg1250340.htm

- second from Adam Borowski , x86 specific bits :
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg1250599.htm