Re: ISDN-Gigaset: Release memory in gigaset_initcs() after an allocation failure

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Tue Sep 27 2016 - 05:35:02 EST

>> Will it matter here if the function "kfree" will be called for the
>> data structure members "bcs" and "inbuf" after a later function call
>> failed within the implementation of "gigaset_initcs"?
>
> My translation of this question is: could you please hold my hand while
> I read the code of a driver I do not use - a driver for hardware that I
> don't even have, and therefor cannot really test - after I submitted a
> patch that appears to be broken?

I got the impression that the exception handling was incomplete in the
implementation of the function "gigaset_initcs".
Does anybody (besides me) care for improving the software situation there?

> My answer to that question is: no, sorry, I won't do that.

I find that the process has just started once more to clarify in which
directions this software module could evolve.

Do we discuss a potential memory leak under special conditions here?

Regards,
Markus