Re: GPU-DRM-TILCDC: Less function calls in tilcdc_convert_slave_node() after error detection

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Sep 23 2016 - 06:55:22 EST

>> A special view on software simplicity can also lead to questionable intermediate
>> function implementation, can't it?
>
> I don't really follow. But in any case I do not see anything
> questionable in the current tilcdc_convert_slave_node() implementation.

I identified update candidates there like the following.

1. Delayed checking for null pointers

if (!slave || !of_device_is_available(lcdc))

2. Usage of a single jump label for (too many?) cases

goto out;

Can the corresponding exception handling become also a bit more efficient?

>> Would you like to care a bit more for efficiency and software correctness
>> around the discussed exception handling?
>
> No, I would not.

Thanks for this information.

I hope that the software situation can also be improved around
this design aspect somehow.

> For the moment I have more important tasks to do.

I know also that various open issues are competing for your software
development attention as usual.

Regards,
Markus