Re: clk/Renesas-MSTP: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Sep 16 2016 - 01:22:08 EST

>> Does this wish influence the handling of suggested changes for the source
>> file "drivers/clk/renesas/clk-mstp.c" anyhow?
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9332363/
>
> Yes, please submit a new version of this patch that removes all the memory
> allocation error messages from drivers/clk/renesas/ in one go.

I find this kind of feedback a bit surprising and it seems to be promising
to increase software development in this design direction.
Have you got any corresponding scripts for the semantic patch language
prepared to make such a source code adjustment safer (and a bit more convenient
with the help of the Coccinelle software)?

I am also curious on how the change acceptance will evolve for the other
three update steps from this patch series when this one indicates further
software update opportunities already.

Regards,
Markus