Re: x86-ksysfs: Use kmalloc_array() in create_setup_data_nodes()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Wed Sep 07 2016 - 03:51:37 EST

>> A multiplication for the size determination of a memory allocation
>> indicated that an array data structure should be processed.
>> Thus use the corresponding function "kmalloc_array".
>>
>> This issue was detected by using the Coccinelle software.
>
> Which rule-set was used?

Do you get an useful impression from one of my bug reports
(or feature requests) like "Fix usage of white-space characters
at two places for Linux coding style" which evolved together with
the proposed software refactoring?
https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/issues/76

I am curious if the time is ready now for the development of another
script for the semantic patch language which can be executed
by the make interface "coccicheck" after Julia Lawall improved
also software components a bit more recently.
https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/commits/

Are you looking for further possibilities to improve the involved
source code search patterns?

Regards,
Markus