Re: linux-next: manual merge of the char-misc tree with the net-next tree

From: Greg KH
Date: Wed Sep 07 2016 - 02:47:11 EST

On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 04:07:17PM +0000, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> How about I setup a git tree (hyperv-next) to premerge these.
>
> We are getting changes from multiple submitters through multiple trees now.

That's because there are multiple drivers in different subsystems, so
having a single git tree would have to cross multiple subsystem, making
merges a mess.

Also, I didn't want a git tree as I've still found problems with hyperv
patches in the near past, so don't quite trust that they go in without
review :(

thanks,

greg k-h