Re: ACPI-video: Fine-tuning for several function implementations

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Tue Sep 06 2016 - 17:06:39 EST

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 4:10 PM, SF Markus Elfring
<elfring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Anyway, if there's something I don't like in particular, I'll let you know.
>
> Thanks for your general interest.
>
> I hope that occasional disagreements can be resolved in constructive ways.
>

>> However, it's a pain to review 20 patches if you could review 4 instead.
>
> Are there any more possibilities to improve the convenience for this
> change review process with advanced tools?
>

>> Please take the reviewers' time into consideration too.
>
> I am trying this to some degree.
>
> But I guess that it is hard to do something about corresponding efforts
> when various contributors can easily spot many software update opportunities
> in the discussed source files, isn't it?

OK, look.

Your patches happen to modify code maintained by me. From my
perspective the value of the changes made by them is marginal.
Nevertheless, I might take them if you made my life somewhat easier,
so I've tried to tell you politely how to do that.

If you're not willing to do it, though, this is where it ends. And
attempts to convince me that I may not want my life to be easier after
all are not likely to succeed.

Thanks,
Rafael