Linux Plumbers call for organizers

From: Chris Mason
Date: Mon Sep 05 2016 - 09:56:17 EST

Each year, the Linux Foundation's Technical Advisory Board (TAB) seeks an organizing committee for the annual Linux Plumbers Conference; that process has now begun for the 2017 event. This is your chance to put your stamp on one of our community's most important gatherings.

LPC 2017 will take place September 13-15, and will be colocated with Open Source Summit NA (formerly LinuxCon NA) at the JW Marriott in Downtown Los Angeles CA.

Interested groups should have, at a minimum, an events coordinator, a treasurer, a microconference chair, and a chairperson. This group must be able to take the initiative to handle conference-specific details (including social events, the miniconf program, and more) while working with the Linux Foundation to ensure that logistics work smoothly.

The process for putting in an application to run the Linux Plumbers Conference is documented here:

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/LPC

Applications should be in by October 1st; the TAB then will announce a decision by (at the latest) November 11th.

If you're interested in submitting a proposal, but are concerned that you don't know enough about how previous Plumbers has been run, then fear not! The TAB will support the selected organizing committee with additional volunteers with past Plumbers organizing experience. Above all we are looking for a capable and enthusiastic group who we can work with to make the 2017 Linux Plumbers Conference a great success.

If you have any questions about the submission process, please email the TAB at tech-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx