Re: RFC: Backport HID-logitech to 3.10?

From: Simon Wood
Date: Fri Sep 02 2016 - 10:59:21 EST

On Fri, September 2, 2016 3:32 am, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 2:56 AM, Simon Wood <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> After copying the HEAD 'hid-lg.[ch]' and 'hid-lg4ff.[ch]' from 4.7,
>> there is a minimal patch (example attached) required to get the build
>> working.
>
> Don't you need hid-logitech-hidpp too?

Hi Benjamin,
Nope, the 'hid-logitech-hidpp.ko' driver is separate and (for wheels) only
has support for the G920 wheel. Other Logitech wheels are handled by
'hid-logitech.ko'.

> Not sure I understand exactly what you want from us here.

A puppy. ;-)

> The stable rules are detailed in
> Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt. And unfortunately, I don't
> think adding these patches will be acceptable for upstream 3.10.

After reading through these I would agree with you, that this is a
nice-to-have not a need-to-have. So, the patch is here if anyone wants to
use it personally or for a distribution.

Thank you for your comments,
Simon.