Re: linux-next: please clean up the livepatching tree

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Tue Aug 02 2016 - 19:54:26 EST

Hi Stephen

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> The livepatching tree
> (git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/livepatching#for-next)
> today consists of only lots of merges

This is a part we keep discussing from time to time, and I still don't
understand why it bothers you so much. The only reason is to keep the
branch non-rebasing, because it has downstreams. Code-wise, it's always
equivalent to what end up being merged, but without the actual superfluous
merge commits.

> (and a patch that is also reverted).

This of course is a good justification to rebase for-next exceptionally;
so I've just that.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina