Re: [Regression?] fib_rules: Added NLM_F_EXCL support to fib_nl_newrule breaks Android userspace

From: David Ahern
Date: Tue Aug 02 2016 - 13:09:25 EST

On 8/2/16 11:03 AM, John Stultz wrote:
So bisecting between v4.7 and linus/HEAD with the test above, it seems like:
96c63fa7393d ("net: Add l3mdev rule") is what breaks the tests.

The l3mdev rule patch is a bit tangled with the fib_rules one, but if
I revert both of those, the only thing that fails is the
./neighbour_test.py (which I need to dig further into). But those two
changes seem to be connected to the regression I'm seeing with
Android.
That is surprising since the l3mdev rule should not exist on Android unless it has created a VRF.

Does Android have custom FRA types in <linux/fib_rules.h>? Perhaps there is a collision on attribute number?