Re: [GIT pull] x86 core changes for 4.8

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Jul 30 2016 - 15:44:58 EST

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 3:17 AM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> please pull the latest x86-cpu-for-linus git tree from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git x86-cpu-for-linus

I don't actually get what you claim I should get.

For example, when I pull, the diffstat is just

instead of the claimed

and I am missing all these commits (committer numbers don't match
because I edited out the ones I actually see)

> Borislav Petkov (2):
> x86/cpu: Correct comments and messages in P4 erratum 037 handling code
>
> Dave Hansen (14):
> x86, powercap, rapl: Use Intel model macros intead of open-coding
> x86, powercap, rapl: Reorder CPU detection table
> x86, powercap, rapl: Add Skylake Server model number
> x86/intel_idle: Use Intel family macros for intel_idle
> x86/platform: Use new Intel model number macros
> x86/cpufreq: Use Intel family name macros for the intel_pstate cpufreq driver
> x86/acpi/lss: Use Intel family name macros for the acpi_lpss driver
> x86/intel_telemetry: Use Intel family name macros for telemetry driver
> x86, mmc: Use Intel family name macros for mmc driver
> x86, thermal: Clean up and fix CPU model detection for intel_soc_dts_thermal
>
> Sudeep Holla (1):
> x86/topology: Remove redundant ENABLE_TOPO_DEFINES

So I decided to undo the pull as it's clearly not matching what you
were expecting me to get.

Is it your email that was wrong, or did you perhaps not update the tip tree?

Linus