Communication between two processors

From: Aparna M
Date: Thu Jul 28 2016 - 18:58:41 EST

Hi,

I have two processors on the same die. One is an ARM processor running
linux and another is a non-ARM processor running linux operating
system (Proprietary Proc). We do not have any medium like Network
Interface or PCI or USB running between the two processors, except 1GB
of shared memory.

We would want to be able to SSH the non-ARM processor on the ARM
processor and mount FS.

I was wondering if I can get some suggestion on what would be a
possible way to establish this communication between the processors.

As a matter of concept, I just happen to write a small network driver
that talks over the shared memory and could transfer packets between
the two. But this does not help me with my bigger use case of being
able to SSH one processor from the other.

Greatly appreciate any suggestion in this regard.

Thanks