Re: v4.1 to v4.7: regression in tsc2005 driver

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu Jul 21 2016 - 02:32:46 EST

Hi!

> > In the mean time you can adjust the name or use XID instead.
>
> X has partially fixed this a few years ago. All input drivers (that
> matter) export a Device Node property that sets the device node for each
> device.
>
> $ xinput list-props "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" | grep "Device Node"
> Device Node (261): "/dev/input/event4"
>
> Based on that you can get the udev device and work your way into any of the
> sysfs tree. Or do whatever else you want.
>
> But other than that there isn't anything in X to fix. xinput is primarily a
> debugging tool and it does name resolution for convenience. But it's not a
> tool for complex configurations. It does exactly what it needs to do, if you
> need something that's more complicated and relies on information not
> available to the X device itself then you'll need to write a custom tool
> that does what you need. sorry.

Ok.. so out of the box, touchscreen is "upside down" and miscalibrated
on n900. So I need to run

xinput --set-prop --type=float 8 115 1.10 0.00 -0.05 0.00 1.18 -0.10 0.00 0.00 1.00
xinput --set-prop --type=int 8 249 0 1

(or equivalent with names) so that I can use the touchscreen. (And
that's quite important -- X is somehow unusable without pointing
device).

If xinput is not the right solution, what is the right solution?

Thanks,
Pavel