Purpose of pci_remap_iospace

From: Bharat Kumar Gogada
Date: Tue Jul 12 2016 - 02:57:21 EST

Hi,

I have a query.

Can any once explain the purpose of pci_remap_iospace function in root port driver.

What is its dependency with architecture ?

Here is my understanding, the above API takes PCIe IO resource and its to be mapped CPU address from
ranges property and remaps into virtual address space.

So my question is who uses this virtual addresses ?

When End Point requests for IO BARs doesn't it get from the above resource range (first parameter of API) and
do ioremap to access this region ?

But why root complex driver is mapping this address region ?

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Regards,
Bharat