Re: [patch] crypto: sha256-mb - cleanup a || vs | typo

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Mon Jul 11 2016 - 02:40:23 EST

Hi Linus,

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (c)
> // This can be a single line. Or many. Your choice.

> The (c) form is particularly good for things like enum or structure
> member comments at the end of code, where you might want to align
> things up, but the ending comment marker ends up being visually pretty
> distracting (and lining _that_ up is too much make-believe work).

While I'm a fan of the (c) form myself, I became used to not using it for
kernel code. Except for internal comments that are not intended to be sent
out. This works fine, as checkpatch will complain if I ever forget to remove
them while preparing patches.

The alternative would be to teach checkpatch to complain about FIXME, TODO,
and XXX in comments...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds