Re: [tip:x86/debug] printk: Make the printk*once() variants return a value

From: Joe Perches
Date: Sat Jul 09 2016 - 13:57:06 EST

On Sat, 2016-07-09 at 09:50 +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 07:40:48PM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> > This change isn't described in the commit message and there
> > doesn't seem to be a need to change this.
> How do *you* know? Did *you* actually sit down and build a kernel with
> your proposed change before sending a reply?
> I'm pretty sure you didn't.

defconfigs both with and without CONFIG_PRINTK build
properly with the proposed change to this specific patch.

> Well, there is a very good reason why I made that change but I'm not
> going to tell you.

Borislav, your delightful personality always impresses.
Never change.

If there is a specific reason you know why this 0; value
must be added to a do {} while (0) to statement expression
macro conversion, it'd be good to write that in the
commit message.  It'd also be good to remove the useless
"do {} while (0);" surrounding a single statement.