Missing include file in include/uapi/linux/errqueue.h?

From: Brooks Moses
Date: Sat Jul 09 2016 - 13:37:23 EST

Hello!

I've been attempting to qualify the Linux 4.5.2 user-space headers for
a toolchain release, and ran into what looks like a missing include
file in include/uapi/linux/errqueue.h. In particular,
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/f24b9be5957b38bb420b838115040dc2031b7d0c
adds the following to this file:

+struct scm_timestamping {
+ struct timespec ts[3];
+};

However, struct timespec is defined in time.h, which isn't included
either in 4.5.2 or in current head. Is this simply a missing #include
line, or am I misunderstanding something?

I also note that this is the second user-space header in the Linux
4.5.2 release we've run into that simply fails to compile when
included by itself. Is there not a test target that tests for this?
Would it be welcome if I were to work on adding one?

Thanks,
- Brooks