Re: BUG?: kernel does not (re)set irq smp_affinity to reboot_cpu

From: Mark Rutland
Date: Mon Jun 27 2016 - 10:55:44 EST

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 02:53:16PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Note this does not mean that all pm_power_off implementations
> are going to be happy with machine_power_off leaving irqs
> enabled, I would esp. expect the efi and psci implementations
> to potentially be unhappy about this. See below for a proposal
> to deal with this.

Neither PSCI nor EFI care either way about interrupts.

PSCI makes synchronous HVC/SMC calls to a higher exception level, and
can be safely called with interrupts enabled or disabled.

EFI's ResetSystem (which backs pm_power_off) can be called with
interrupts enabled or disabled, so long as there is not a clashing call
in progress already (see 7.1 "Runtime Services Rules and Restrictions")
in the EFI 2.6 spec.

Thanks,
Mark.