Re: kernel-4.7 bug in Intel sound and/or ACPI

From: Wim Osterholt
Date: Mon Jun 27 2016 - 02:27:32 EST

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 04:51:03AM -0400, okaya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 2016-06-24 21:39, Wim Osterholt wrote:
>
> Please apply the patches on top of clean 4.7-rc4 tree and apply them in
> order with
>
> git am 0001...
> git am 0002...

It doesn't work that way.
Beginners problems with git.
Tried all kinds of things, including a new git clone to no avail.
Took a long time to discover that in the above example these were the names
of the 'attachments'.
It didn't work. Error 'could not find out the kind of patch' or some such.
Took much longer to find out that in that mail and in the saved attachments
there were lines beginning with '>From' that were the culprit.

Still not found out how to make patch work without errors.
Anyway, by doing it with more manual intervention om a stock kernel-4.7-rc4
on my (very slow) Inspiron 4100 it seems to work like before. Hooray.
However, an earlier try on my Inspiron 510m did not work.
I'll do a clean retry later today, just to make sure.

regards, Wim.

----- wim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----