Re: futex: Allow FUTEX_CLOCK_REALTIME with FUTEX_WAIT op

From: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2016 - 06:00:15 EST

On 06/24/2016 11:52 AM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jun 2016, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
By the way, I just realized something that wasn't initially obvious
to me, and documented it in the futex(2) man page:

Note: for FUTEX_WAIT, timeout is interpreted as a
relative value. This differs from other futex operâ
ations, where timeout is interpreted as an absolute
value. To obtain the equivalent of FUTEX_WAIT with
an absolute timeout, employ FUTEX_WAIT_BITSET with
val3 specified as FUTEX_BITSET_MATCH_ANY.

Okay?

Yes.

Thanks, Thomas.

Cheers,