Re: Builtin microcode does nothing..

From: Gabriel C
Date: Wed May 25 2016 - 17:51:00 EST

On 25.05.2016 23:38, Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 11:29:03PM +0200, Gabriel C wrote:
initrd + buitl-in intel ucode won't boot here. It hangs on grub 'Loading
initrd image'..
That's with my patches? Can I have the .config please so that I can
reproduce?

With initrd you mean, you supply an initrd with the micrcode with grub
*and* have the same microcode builtin into the kernel, correct?

No is a initrd without microcode with grub just built-in one.

config is same like in my first email.

http://crazy.dnshome.de/~crazy/lkml/config/config

I build an kernel on my oder box in a bit and let you know .. this server I tested on is sometimes strange.