Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.8.2

From: Johannes Schindelin
Date: Sat Apr 30 2016 - 12:02:05 EST

Hi all,

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> The latest maintenance release Git v2.8.2 is now available at
> the usual places.

I considered releasing Git for Windows v2.8.2 today, too. However, I
decided to delay the release for a couple of days, for a couple of
reasons:

- I expect an update of the Git Credential Manager in the next few days.

- OpenSSL is slated to receive critical updates on Tuesday and I plan to
incorporate these into Git for Windows' next version, too.

I will also use version 2.8.2 as an excuse to ship with support for the
extra HTTP headers configured via `http.extraheader`, which I hoped to
get into Git v2.8.2, too, because I'd like the feature to be available on
Linux and MacOSX, too.

In short: the tentative release date of Git for Windows v2.8.2 is
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016.

Stay tuned,
Johannes