Re: [BUG linux-next] Kernel panic found with linux-next-20160414

From: Vlastimil Babka
Date: Wed Apr 27 2016 - 04:51:31 EST

On 04/27/2016 10:14 AM, Hugh Dickins wrote:
It's rather horrible that compaction.c uses functions in page_alloc.c
which skip doing some of the things we expect to be done: the non-debug
preparation tends to get noticed, but the debug options overlooked.
We can expect more problems of this kind in future: someone will add
yet another debug prep line in page_alloc.c, and at first nobody will
notice that it's also needed in compaction.c.

Point taken, I'll try to come up with more maintainable solution next time I attempt the isolate_freepages_direct() approach. Sorry about the troubles.