Re: Deleting child qdisc doesn't reset parent to default qdisc?

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Thu Apr 14 2016 - 11:35:00 EST

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016, Phil Sutter wrote:

> OTOH some qdiscs (CBQ, DRR, DSMARK, HFSC, HTB, QFQ) assign the default
> one upon deletion instead of noop_qdisc, hence I would describe
> the situation using the words 'inconsistent' and 'accident' rather than
> 'expected'. :)

Exactly. I'd again like to stress the fact that this configuration works:

jikos:~ # tc qdisc show
qdisc tbf 10: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 rate 800Mbit burst 131000b lat 1.0ms

and this (after performing add/delete operation) doesn't:

jikos:~ # tc qdisc show
qdisc tbf 10: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 rate 800Mbit burst 131000b lat 1.0ms

It's hard to spot a difference (hint: there is none).

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs