Re: New MIPS SoC code insertion request

From: Zubair Lutfullah Kakakhel
Date: Thu Apr 14 2016 - 11:29:33 EST

Hi Dmitry,

Thank-you very much for reaching out to the mailing list.

The Linux kernel follows a structure for patch submissions.

There’s a tutorial on github with a pdf and readmes.

https://github.com/gregkh/kernel-tutorial

Tutorial Videos on YouTube by GregKH are also very useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLBrBBImJt4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXix80GCvpo

These will give an overview of the entire process.

It would be nice if you could push your current working kernel
somewhere on a git server where we could see the patches
and then provide guidance accordingly.

If you don't have a public-facing git server. You could just
push the code to a repository on github and share the link.

Regards,
ZubairLK