Re: TCP reaching to maximum throughput after a long time

From: Ben Greear
Date: Tue Apr 12 2016 - 16:11:29 EST

On 04/12/2016 12:31 PM, Machani, Yaniv wrote:
On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 18:04:52, Ben Greear wrote:
On 04/12/2016 07:52 AM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
On Tue, 2016-04-12 at 12:17 +0000, Machani, Yaniv wrote:

If you are using 'Cubic' TCP congestion control, then please try
something different.
It was broken last I checked, at least when used with the ath10k driver.

Thanks Ben, this indeed seems to be the issue !
Switching to reno got me to max throughput instantly.

I'm still looking through the thread you have shared, but from what I understand there is no planned fix for it ?

I think at the time it was blamed on ath10k and no one cared to try to fix it.

Or, maybe no one really uses CUBIC anymore?

Either way, I have no plans to try to fix CUBIC, but maybe someone who knows
this code better could give it a try.

Thanks,
Ben

--