Re: Kernel docs: muddying the waters a bit

From: Jonathan Corbet
Date: Tue Apr 12 2016 - 11:46:30 EST

On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 17:12:27 +0200
Markus Heiser <markus.heiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> motivated by this MT, I implemented a toolchain to migrate the kernelâs
> DocBook XML documentation to reST markup.
>
> It converts 99% of the docs well ... to gain an impression how
> kernel-docs could benefit from, visit my sphkerneldoc project page
> on github:
>
> http://return42.github.io/sphkerneldoc/

So I've obviously been pretty quiet on this recently. Apologies...I've
been dealing with an extended death-in-the-family experience, and there is
still a fair amount of cleanup to be done.

Looking quickly at this work, it seems similar to the results I got. But
there's a lot of code there that came from somewhere? I'd put together a
fairly simple conversion using pandoc and a couple of short sed scripts;
is there a reason for a more complex solution?

Thanks for looking into this, anyway; I hope to be able to focus more on
it shortly.

jon