Re: checkpatch false positon on EXPORT_SYMBOL

From: Daniel Walker
Date: Mon Apr 11 2016 - 17:51:42 EST

On 03/31/2016 12:21 PM, Joe Perches wrote:
On Thu, 2016-03-31 at 08:01 -0700, Daniel Walker wrote:
The below looks like normal code but the last export symbol gets the
warning,

WARNING:EXPORT_SYMBOL: EXPORT_SYMBOL(foo); should immediately follw its
function/variable
#16: FILE: kernel/acct.c:70:
+EXPORT_SYMBOL(test_export); /* Error ! */

It seems to have to do with the comments at the end of the line. The
first two examples don't have warnings because I removed the comments on
different lines. comments on the variable and export symbol lines gets
the error tho.
That looks like a false positive I'll leave for Andy.

$ cat ~/export_symbol.c
int test_export_no_comment;
EXPORT_SYMBOL(test_export_no_comment);
int test_export_comment_int; /* comment int */
EXPORT_SYMBOL(test_export_int);
int test_export_comment_symbol;
EXPORT_SYMBOL(test_export_symbol); /* comment symbol */
int test_export_both; /* comment both 1 */
EXPORT_SYMBOL(test_export_both); /* comment both 2 */
$

Something's a bit off with the $stat variable:

test_export_int doesn't match the EXPORT_SYMBOL test.
test_export_symbol and test_export_both get warnings.

Did this get solved? I haven't see anything else on it.

Daniel