Re: 4.4, 4.6: camera and unlock buttons produce tons of interrupts (was Re: N900 sleep mode)

From: Tony Lindgren
Date: Thu Apr 07 2016 - 19:41:42 EST

* Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> [160407 16:02]:
> Hi!
>
> > > gzipped config is attached.
> > >
> > > Note that I'm still using NOLO. I enabled the sleep, then went to
> > > runlevel 1. LEDs still stay on, 55mA power consumption. That was with
> > > 1 in off_mode.
> >
> > Nothing idling for me with your .config.. And it seems slower to boot
> > compared to omap2plus_defconfig? Maybe because of the extra GPIO
> > interrupts?
>
> Extra interrupts only happen when enable_off_mode is 1, so that should
> not be an issue during boot.

OK maybe it's just the extra driver probe time then.

> > Looks like you have 117 additional entries in .config enabled compared
> > to omap2plus_defconfig. Maybe go back to omap2plus_defconfig with minimal
> > changes and verify it idles properly first?
> >
> > I'm suspecting it's some driver(s) you have enabled causing the
> > issue.
>
> I guess so. Do you (or anyone else) have minimum non-modular config
> for N900 that boots with video? Could I get lsmod from your system?
> (Yes, I still have nightmares from getting .config that works).

Well I've been just using omap2plus_defconfig with:

# modprobe tsc2005
# modprobe gpio_backlight
# modprobe panel_sony_acx565akm
# modprobe omapfb

# echo 255 > /sys/class/backlight/acx565akm/brightness

And then the following to blank for idle:

# echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/omapfb/graphics/fb0/blank

But in the world of eternal regressions, I'm not seeing anything
on the framebuffer with v4.6-rc2 :( No idea what broke it or when
as my n900 is in the rack.

Anyways, below is also my lsmod output.

Regards,

Tony

Module Size Used by
panel_sharp_ls037v7dw01 4148 0
ads7846 12959 0
hwmon 4213 1 ads7846
gpio_keys 9053 0
twl4030_keypad 3896 0
matrix_keymap 2801 1 twl4030_keypad
omapfb 39255 1
cfbfillrect 3614 1 omapfb
cfbimgblt 2416 1 omapfb
cfbcopyarea 3187 1 omapfb
panel_sony_acx565akm 7895 1
omapdss 269684 4 panel_sharp_ls037v7dw01,omapfb,panel_sony_acx565akm
gpio_backlight 2804 0
tsc2005 1782 0
tsc200x_core 7337 1 tsc2005
ledtrig_default_on 1119 0