Re: linux-next: removal of the rpmsg tree

From: Bjorn Andersson
Date: Thu Mar 10 2016 - 00:31:12 EST

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Ohad Ben-Cohen <ohad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 7:28 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Ohad,
>>
>> I noticed that the rpmsg tree
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad/rpmsg.git branch for-next
>>
>> has not been updated since November 2014. I am going to remove it from
>> linux-next tomorrow unless I hear that it may be useful. It can always
>> be easily added back if it proves useful in the future.
>
> That should be fine.
>
> FWIW, Bjorn will most likely setup another rpmsg tree and ask you to
> add it to linux-next, as he's co-maintaining
> remoteproc/rpmsg/hwspinlock now.

Thanks for the poke.

Stephen, I'm co-maintain the hwspinlock, rpmsg and remoteproc
subsystems; and will as such maintain the next branches.

Could you please pull the remoteproc next patches from the "for-next" branch of:
git://github.com/andersson/remoteproc.git

I will let you know when we have patches in hwspinlock and rpmsg to
set those up as well, but at the moment we don't have anything
incoming there.

Regards,
Bjorn