Re: avr32 build failures in linux-next

From: Sudip Mukherjee
Date: Wed Mar 09 2016 - 23:56:21 EST

On Thursday 10 March 2016 01:20 AM, MÃns RullgÃrd wrote:
Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:02 AM, Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/08/2016 08:06 AM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 7:28 PM, MÃns RullgÃrd <mans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not very surprising either. The number of people using Linux on avr32
is probably approximately zero, and if anyone is, they're likely still
running 2.6.32 or thereabouts.

Once I tried up the topic about removal avr32 for good, but looks like
it wasn't a good time. Maybe now is better? It would really reduce a
burden on many drivers.

I would agree, as long as the maintainers agree. We don't want to repeat
the h8300 experience.

So, are we going to agree that avr32 must be retired from next cycle?

P.S. I have no idea how to fix this "ârelocation truncated to fit:
R_AVR32_21Sâ", though I can test anything anyone propose.

I'd like to try fixing it before we delete anything. At the very least,
it's always a good idea to figure out exactly why it broke, just to be
sure it isn't a broader issue that has yet to manifest itself elsewhere.

I will suggest keeping it for one more cycle and see if it can be fixed.

regards
sudip