Re: Kernel docs: muddying the waters a bit

From: Keith Packard
Date: Tue Feb 16 2016 - 14:13:37 EST

Jani Nikula <jani.nikula@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> However I didn't think Sphinx could produce docbook, and a quick search
> doesn't convince me otherwise. Do you have some links to back this up?
> Would the lack of docbook be a showstopper? (Of course, the pandoc
> swiss-army knife can handle rst->docbook if needed.)

A quick search yields:

https://github.com/HolgerPeters/sphinxcontrib-docbook

which appears to provide docbook output for sphinx, but I haven't tested
this at all.

Of course, docbook is just a means to an end -- the question should
probably be what final output formats are actually required and whether
the tools generate those in a reasonable fashion.

--
-keith