Re: [REGRESSION] i915: No HDMI output with 4.4

From: Oleksandr Natalenko
Date: Tue Feb 16 2016 - 06:08:16 EST

Ville, Daniel,

I've just got another monitor and another DVI-HDMI cable, and here what I've got.

===Single Link DVI-D cable with 3 different monitors===

Computer DVI âââ DVI-D (Single Link)/HDMI cable âââ HDMI LG 23MP65HQ-P === not working
Computer DVI âââ DVI-D (Single Link)/HDMI cable âââ HDMI LG 23MP67HQ-P === not working
Computer DVI âââ DVI-D (Single Link)/HDMI cable âââ HDMI LG 23MP55HQ-P === works!

===Dual Link DVI-D cable with monitor that doesn't work with Single Link cable===

Computer DVI âââ DVI-D (Dual Link)/HDMI cable âââ HDMI LG 23MP65HQ-P === works!

===Laptop with HDMI output===

Laptop HDMI âââ HDMI/HDMI cable âââ HDMI LG 23MP65HQ-P === works!

I'd say that single link DVI cables are broken with new kernel, but one of monitors could work with such a cable. So I have no idea :(.

Regards,
Oleksandr.