Regard of thermal power allocator's coefficients

From: Leo Yan
Date: Sun Feb 14 2016 - 06:00:54 EST

Hi there,

I'm trying to upstreaming IPA patches for 96board Hikey, but so far
there have no standard DT binding for passing IPA coefficients for
power modeling.

So want to firstly to confirm if should we pass coefficients by using
device tree? Is someone working on related work for this?

Here has another more straightforward method is to directly to
include power model's coefficients in thermal sensor driver (such like
drivers/thermal/hisi_thermal.c), but my concern is this method will
include SoC specific data in the common thermal sensor driver,
so is this doable?

Welcome any suggestion.

Thanks,
Leo Yan