Re: [BUG] Regression introduced with "block: split bios to max possible length"

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Thu Jan 21 2016 - 16:34:47 EST

On 01/21/2016 07:57 AM, Stefan Haberland wrote:
Hi,

unfortunately commit e36f62042880 "block: split bios to maxpossible length"
breaks the DASD driver on s390. We expect the block requests to be
multiple
of 4k in size. With the patch applied I see the requests split up in
multiple
of 512 byte and therefore the requests get rejected and lots of I/Os fail.

Sigh, that's definitely a bug. I'll take a look at it and see if I can get a tested fix in for 4.5-rc1. If not, we'll revert it, again.

--
Jens Axboe