[GIT PULL] Core block IO changes for 4.5

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Tue Jan 19 2016 - 16:23:48 EST

Hi Linus,

We don't have a lot of core changes this time around, it's mostly in
drivers, which will come in a subsequent pull.

The cores changes include:

- blk-mq
- Prep patch from Christoph, changing blk_mq_alloc_request() to
take flags instead of just using gfp_t for sleep/nosleep.
- Doc patch from me, clarifying the difference between legacy
and blk-mq for timer usage.
- Fixes from Raghavendra for memory-less numa nodes, and a reuse
of CPU masks.

- Cleanup from Geliang Tang, using offset_in_page() instead of open
coding it.

- From Ilya, rename request_queue slab to it reflects what it holds, and
a fix for proper use of bdgrab/put.

- A real fix for the split across stripe boundaries from Keith. We
yanked a broken version of this from 4.4-rc final, this one works.

- From Mike Krinkin, emit a trace message when we split.

- From Wei Tang, two small cleanups, not explicitly clearing memory that
is already cleared.

Please pull!

git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git for-4.5/core

Christoph Hellwig (1):
blk-mq: add a flags parameter to blk_mq_alloc_request

Geliang Tang (1):
bio: use offset_in_page macro

Ilya Dryomov (2):
block: rename request_queue slab cache
block: use bd{grab,put}() instead of open-coding

Jens Axboe (2):
block: clarify blk_add_timer() use case for blk-mq
Revert "blk-flush: Queue through IO scheduler when flush not required"

Keith Busch (1):
block: split bios to max possible length

Mike Krinkin (1):
block: add call to split trace point

Raghavendra K T (2):
blk-mq: Reuse hardware context cpumask for tags
blk-mq: Avoid memoryless numa node encoded in hctx numa_node

Wei Tang (2):
block: do not initialise globals to 0 or NULL
block: do not initialise statics to 0 or NULL

block/bio.c | 4 ++--
block/blk-core.c | 15 ++++++++-------
block/blk-flush.c | 2 +-
block/blk-merge.c | 22 +++++++++++++++++++---
block/blk-mq-cpumap.c | 2 +-
block/blk-mq-tag.c | 11 +++++------
block/blk-mq.c | 31 ++++++++++---------------------
block/blk-mq.h | 11 ++++-------
block/blk-timeout.c | 6 ++++++
block/genhd.c | 2 +-
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c | 2 +-
drivers/block/null_blk.c | 2 +-
drivers/char/raw.c | 2 +-
drivers/nvme/host/lightnvm.c | 2 +-
drivers/nvme/host/pci.c | 11 ++++++-----