Re: InfiniBand-ocrdma: Delete unnecessary variable initialisations in 11 functions

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Jan 15 2016 - 10:26:59 EST

>> Would you like to clarify any measurable effects around the implementation
>> detail when various variables will only be initialised immediately
>> before they will be read again?
>
> Compiler will drop this variable initialization by itself because
> there are no reads between this variable initialization and write.

Which compiler variants would you to take into account for such an use case?

> I recommend you to take a look on the assembly code and ensure it
> by yourself.

Will any configuration parameters and command arguments become relevant
to improve also a corresponding software comparison?

> The proposed change won't affect performance at all.

Will unneeded variable assignments be really optimised away by default?

By the way:
Will a small source code reduction matter also a bit here?

Regards,
Markus