Re: [RFC 5/8] Track the "total rq utilisation" too

From: Luca Abeni
Date: Fri Jan 15 2016 - 01:50:59 EST

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 20:48:37 +0100
Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 04:24:50PM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> > This is the sum of the utilisations of tasks that are assigned to
> > a runqueue, independently from their state (TASK_RUNNING or blocked)
>
> Is it actually used?
Not in this patchset...
It is a possible "cheap" (but less accurate) alternative to the
tracking introduced in patch 4. Or can be used in more advanced
implementations of multi-processor GRUB, but not in this patchset.

So, it can be removed from the patchset; I added it so that people can
see all the possible alternative utilization tracking strategies.

Thanks,
Luca