RE: [Questions]: how to extend nr_irqs for arch arm64

From: Zhou Qiao(周侨)
Date: Mon Jan 11 2016 - 04:05:10 EST

Let's assume the hw_irq is 70, and after the mod operation, it will call irq_alloc_descs_from with parameter from = 6, instead of 70. So the newly allocated descriptor is mapped to hw_irq = 6, not 70. Later when driver registers irq with irq = 70, it will fail since there is no irq descriptor for irq = 70.