Re: [BUG] File system corruption with 4.4-rc3 and beyond

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Tue Dec 22 2015 - 20:21:01 EST

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 20:09:29 -0500
Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 17:16:59 -0700
> Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing it's the same issue that was recently diagnosed, which
> > would make sense if you hit this on 32-bit with highmem. Patch is
> > pending, if you feel inclined, it'd be great if you could add this patch
> > and retry:
> >
> > http://git.kernel.dk/cgit/linux-block/commit/?h=for-linus&id=23688bf4f830a89866fd0ed3501e342a7360fe4f
> >

> Linus says this is in his tree already. I just did a fresh pull, and
> verified that it is. I'm kicking of my test now.

OK, it got passed the point where it usually starts spitting out the
errors.

I'm going to add this patch to my "fixes" patches that get added to my
test kernels to fix issues that cause my tests to fail that were bugs
outside my code ;-)

This test takes over 8 hours (although the i386 portion is less than an
hour). If it finishes with no problems other than my own, I'll let you
know.

Thanks!

-- Steve