Re: Skylake (XPS 13 9350) TSC is way off

From: Jon Masters
Date: Mon Dec 21 2015 - 03:10:19 EST

On 12/2/15, 6:55 PM, John Stultz wrote:
On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Andy Lutomirski <luto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On a hunch, are you running chrony instead of ntpd?

Yes, this is indeed chrony.

Ok. I'll have to look closer. The last time that message came up it
was in a report of a bug that chrony uncovered with the internal
correction being too slow. I know chrony is much more aggressive
compared to ntpd in tweaking the freq value for the initial converging
correction at startup, so maybe that along with something else is
causing us to get out of spec.

Can you copy me on followup? I'm seeing similar behavior with chrony on recent kernels on a couple of different ARM server prototype systems.

Jon.