Re: Information leak in llcp_sock_bind/llcp_raw_sock_bind

From: David Miller
Date: Tue Dec 15 2015 - 15:59:04 EST

From: Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 21:55:37 +0100

> I've seen a kernel address at least in pptp_bind,

We're not talking about pptp_bind.

We're talking about llcp_{,raw}_sock_bind().

If your hex dump doesn't show it, don't report anything unless you are
absolutely sure via code inspection that there could be a leak. And
in that case make it perfectly clear exactly how that can happen.

I am generally unimpressed with your reports half of the time,
and just a small amount of extra effort would extraordinarily
improve the quality of the things your post.

Thanks.

> So it is almost impossible to prove that a PC cannot be leaked.

You can't show that anything is actually being leaked in this specific
case, period.